This instructional video is by Butterfly Coach Jinxin Wang. The technique that is explained in detail is how best to execute the half-long loop from the forehand corner.
For More Power:
- Move over to the right with both legs and drop the right leg lower.
- Your body should be slightly leaned forward and make sure your arm does not drop too low.
- Your arm should be following your weight transfer from the right leg to the left leg.
- At the point of contact, use explosive power in your hip and snap your forearm forward to add power.
- The ball should be struck at the highest point.
For More Spin:
- If the ball is low and short, you can add spin instead of power.
- This will prevent the opponent from attacking.
- Move over to the right and drop the right leg even lower.
- You can contact the ball after the highest point.
- Close the face of your paddle to create a low and spinny shot.
Jinxin Wang is a coach at GOOGLE in Mountain View, California. He has been ranked in the World’s Top 100, has excelled at tournaments in the US and abroad, and believing China he won Provincial events and finished third in Singles at the Chinese University Games.
Butterfly Training Tips: Half-Long Loop from Forehand Corner with Jinxin Wang