Ask The Experts: Jishan Liang, No. 228
Butterfly Table Tennis Question and AnswerB
Hello there. I am an intermediate level player. I am OK with both forehand & backhand. My playing style is quite similar to the JOO Se Hyak. I like to take my time during rallies. Sometimes I make smash if I am so sure(1 out of 3 point maybe ) . Most of the time I control my game for longer time/fun with the ball rather than keep smashing. I also make quick smash if I find sure chance but mostly I rely on opponents mistake. I heavily rely on chopping&ball placement. I want to confuse opponents with my defense style & surprise smash.
So, I am looking for a blade & rubber for forehand, backhand. Please, help me to find equipments That goes with my game style. That includes blade and rubber for both forehand & backhand. I appreciate your information.
Thank you for your question.
First I need to make sure of your style and rubber. My understanding Joo Saehyuk playing style is chop. If you are the chopping I will like to recommend the following blades:
- Blade – the Joo Saehyuk or Diode IV blade is perfect for defense as well as quick counter-spins far from the table
- Forehand rubber – I would recommend Tenergy 05, this rubber is a best seller and a lot of world class players use it, very popular
- Backhand rubber – I would recommend Tackiness Chop II, 1.5mm
If your prefer to not use pimples on your backhand, I would also recommend another set-up:
- Blade – Innerforce Layer ZLC, this is a high performance model blade balancing power and control style
- Forehand rubber – Tenergy 05, 2.1mm
- Backhand rubber – Tenergy 64, 2.1mm
Best of luck!