11 Questions with Angela Guan
Courtesy of USATT
USATT Insider poses 11 questions to US Junior Team Member Angela Guan.
1) Why do you play?
I enjoy making friends and traveling.
It gives me a good experience, and I learn a lot from table tennis. My purpose is to honor God, exercise, and have fun.
2) Which is your favorite tournament?
My favorite tournament is World Championships because I can represent team USA and learn from world class players.
3) Who is your primary nemesis?
US girls who are both my opponents, teammates, and friends.
4) What is your favorite game tactic to score?
Chop long rallies and attack.
5) Thoughts on the Poly Ball.
It is different compared to the old ball, but everyone needs to overcome the adjusting process.
6) Toughest Loss?
When I lost in the junior round robin and lost in the 3 way tie. Another loss was at the North American Cup when I lost 3:4 and 11:13 in the 7th game by a net and edge.
7) Greatest Win?
When I won Junior Teams in US Open and Junior Girls Singles in Canada.
8) How you prepare for a tournament?
I practice more game situations and play practice matches.
9) When you see a new player at the club, what do you do?
I often approach them and say hi.
10) Player you would most like to play in a tournament?
I would like to play against an Asian cadet or junior player because they are very good at playing against choppers.
11) If you had to face Jimmy Butler, Lily Zhang or Kanak Jha what would your game plan be?
My plan would to be consistent and keep the ball lower. It would be a great experience to play them.
Share the post "11 Questions with Angela Guan"