DUKE UNIVERSITY, Durham, NC
Master of Biostatistics, May 2015, Chair’s Academic Recognition Award
CITY UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, Hong Kong
Bachelor of Science in Computing Mathematics, May 2012, 1st Honors recognition for outstanding performing
- 2021 Butterfly/Bodyarmor State Games of North Carolina Open Women’s Singles Gold Medal
- Started learning to play from age 10 after playing on dinner table and mostly living room floor for 2 years at home.
- Participated in numerous tournaments growing up for years and only won 4 backpacks and 2 paddle cases from winning in total (competition is fierce, but prize is scarce in mainland China).
- Moved to Hong Kong for college, joined the college table tennis team and competition got less fierce and led the school team to win team champions every year all four years. Started coaching after school. Won the Most Valuable Player Award in 2012 in the collegiate tournament. Won a couple of singles champions for B and C division outside collegiate (still couldn’t get to A division).
- Moved to the U.S. for graduate school, competition got very interesting with a lot more prize money. Started to compete against almost only male players in tournaments while only female before. Finished school and had coached at Duke for 3 years.