ITTF World Ranking System & Policy for 2016
Courtesy of ITTF
January 10, 2016 – The ITTF Competitions – in charge for the ranking functions – releases the Official Documents for the ITTF World Ranking System effective from Friday 1st January 2016.
There are four changes compared to the ranking system of the last year:
- Bonus points are awarded for the last 2 rounds of the qualification stage in ITTF World Tour Super and Major Series;
- Olympic singles and team rankings are published for information purposes
- Special rules (75 penalty points) apply for a no-show at the Olympic qualification events;
- Interim 8B World Ranking in August will be published after the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
See attached the following Official Documents for the ITTF World Ranking System (all changes are highlighted with RED letters in these documents):
- ITTF World Ranking Basic Principles
- ITTF Calendar and World Ranking inclusion policy
- 2016 Rating and Bonus Points Tables
- 2016 World Ranking System Adjustments
- ITTF Ranking Default Policy
Please make note that all changes appears first time on Ranking List of February 2016.
This information will be also posted on the ITTF.com on the “Official Documents” link of the “Ranking” section.
In the meantime the 2016 ITTF Calendar was updated accordingly adding the Event Classification and the Rating-Bonus points to the events as well as the Ranking release dates for all months.
ITTF Results & Ranking Manager